Friday Randoms

Happy Friday y'all. It was brought to my attention that I don't random as much anymore. In my head, I was like I random'd two weeks ago. I checked and I was like sheesh. Time really is flying. I got to hang with my friends' kids this past weekend and it really has me wondering where time is flying. Like, August is literally next week and before you know it the end of the year is here. We just keep getting older and I am like eeeeek! Speaking of, summer is almost over and I hope you guys are having a great summer.

Let's random.

I totally understand that it is different for everyone but there's the widespread belief that your life ends or something akin to it, once you have kids and you can't do anything anymore. But I have friends with kids who still travel as much as they used to, with or without their kids but more so with their kids. So in the case where finances is not an issue, is it more of a personality thing than the notion that kids make everything impossible?


Why is it hard for people to accept the possibility that they might not have a type? For one, people end up with people much different than their type but I also think it could be detrimental when a person is so fixated on a "type". You might miss out on a good thing. I don't think it signifies anything if a person doesn't have a type, right?


Was at a gathering where there was a discussion about Nigerian women not initiating sex and I think I do agree. But my big question is why would you marry someone who you are not comfortable initiating sex with? Why would you marry someone who seems uncomfortable doing that? I find that men tend to marry people they are incompatible with and then start poking holes later down the line. Hear me out. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a man tell me how they want to see someone homely and wifely and can see as a mother to their future kids. Or another time one guy said he'd rather a woman who can cook really well because it is indicative of her nurturing skills (blank stare. also you men are weird) Anyways, this is why I don't have sympathy for the complaints. Bed laid. Lie in it.


Is there such a thing as sharing too much? I personally think there is, but then I am working on this thing where I have to pause and recognize that we are all different people and do things differently. But just like we can all agree we aren't gonna wear a tube top and miniskirt to work, is there a line on what is too much to share?


Life is a pot of beans. If things aren't in your favor, they just aren't and vice versa and there is nothing you can do about it.


TBH with you guys, I am a bit immune to cancer news these days. Immune is a strong word but I think I mean steeling myself into acceptance of it. And I think it is a coping mechanism because anytime I am around someone who has it, I tear up. I remember a coworker of mine who had cancer and I literally would walk away every time she came by because I'd start crying. It has become so rampant that I feel like it is just easier to accept the high probability that most people are going to have it. I was reading a memoir where the author was reminiscing about him and his siblings being blessed to live this long but he reckons it wont last for long as one or more of them would probably be struck with cancer soon. And its unfortunate that its not a bizarre thought or a negative one. Just straight facts.


Dating is sadistic. I watch certain shows and even real life events and it really is bizarre. You are basically either watching people fighting to be unhappy. And that's the best way I can put it. Because they are miserable, been working on the same problems for years, nothing is happening but they still want to make it work. Huh? (90 Day Fiance) or you are seeing women who have been burned so many times they are trying to guard their hearts while not looking crazy or stupid but ultimately still end up looking crazy (Love Island)


One of the many painful things about losing my mom is her not getting to reap the fruits of her labor. My brother and I never really got to spoil her. That always hurts me to my core.


It's a wonder or rather a shame, that just anyone can have a kid, because quite frankly, not everyone is equipped to raise a child. I think some of the Teen Moms are enough proof.

Please support my other endeavors. Thank you!:

TV and Movie recommendations - www.taynement.com follow on twitter - @taynementdotcom
Book recommendations - www.twonightstands.com and follow on instagram - @nightstands2

That's all I have for you guys. Have a great weekend and stay blessed! I don't know if you guys are still out there as my comment box makes cricket noises. So yes! I am asking to hear from you guys. Say hi if you are out there!





Comments

HoneyDame said…
Hola!!!
That cancer thing is just....there is no word for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Random Thursday