The Heart Wants What It Wants

I am indifferent towards Selena Gomez as a person but I have a couple of her songs on the iPod. She makes catchy tunes and yall know I am an agbaya. I'll listen to anything as long as it makes my ears happy. Anyway she released a new song/video earlier in the week called "The heart wants what it wants", which I like and which I think is probably her most honest song to date because clearly it is about her roller coaster relationship with Justin Bieber.

The song is quite relatable and I feel most women have been there at some point in their lives. You know...that time when you meet that one guy and all is well at first then things go south but you still keep going on and you have this unhealthy dependency/situationship that noone is ready to leave even though you want to and wish you could with every fiber of your being. I always call that guy the "Mr. Big" of your life. For those who know me, I really disliked Mr. Big. I didn't think he was nice to Carrie but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't shake him off. Ultimately, it worked out for them because TV but for the most part it's really not the case.

I often wondered if it was better or worse for Selena that she met her Mr Big young. I am leaning towards better because there is enough time to get over him but at the same time she is still young and figuring herself out that might make it harder to deal. Anyways here's the song. Below is the monologue she gives before the song starts. Let me know what you think.

"When I was on stage and I was thinking of… I know him though, and I know that I know his heart, and I know what he wouldn't do to hurt me.
But I didn't realize that I'm feeling so confident and feeling so great about myself and then it just can be completely shattered by one thing...by something so stupid. But then you make me feel crazy, you make me feel like it's my fault. I was in pain"
[sidebar: Why do guys default to making you feel like it is your fault and you are the crazy one? It's amazing how many similar stories I have heard]


Comments

Vivi N. said…
A mature take from Selena. I like the song.
Vivi N. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Random and unrelated, but did you ever do a post on your stint in Naij, as in your personal experience? If so, I must've missed it, but if not, can you please do one detailing your experience and why you will/won't relocate completely?

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms