Friday Randoms

Howdy ho, people. It is friday again. Yippee! Gosh, work has been so busy my brain hasn't had a breather and I keep counting down to the weekend from sheer exhaustion. Thank God Monday is a holiday. Looking forward to it. How are you guys enjoying the Trump era? Never a dull moment abi? I don't know whether to laugh or cry because I have no idea where we are headed. I sha do know that this man is infallible and I am not sure who or what can take him down. Anyways, let's random.

Do me, I must do you. How petty is too petty?

Earlier in the month, I celebrated 7 years at my company and somehow I felt shame. I feel like people in our generation switch jobs frequently that staying long is just...I don't even know

On that note, time is crazy because the same way I look at people who have spent like 22 years at a company and realize that it is so easy to become that person.

A guy friend of mine told me that he side eyes guys who still chase anything in a skirt like their life depends on it. He says he sees it as an indicator of someone who isn't where they want to be in life so they re-channel their energy into scoring with women. Guys, do you agree?

This brand of Christianity, that promotes the notion that God loves some people more or better hence them being more favored or that bad things that happen to you are your fault, is very annoying

"Enjoy the view of your backyard even if it is covered in weeds"

I randomly thought of Beyonce's OB GYN. How do you peer into a highly revered woman's vagina and not get home and tell anyone? Who is her OB GYN?

Saw an article with the headline: "I love my daughter but I wish I hadn't had her". Someone made a comment that they feel for people who feel this way because there is really no space in society that allows people who feel this way to admit that having kids effed up their lives. Like with most things, you can't really be honest because it would be viewed as negative. So you swallow your words and continue to live with society's expectations

Going through my old emails brings me more sadness than happiness

I truly don't understand these reality shows where moms leave their kids in a different city almost always for a love interest. I think it's irresponsible. Once you have a kid, all decisions should be based on them

Emotional strength is a thing. I never realized how much of an important thing it is. Some people never get to strengthen and grow theirs

I have never been hooked up. I don't know what this says about me :(

Lent is around the corner. With it comes the what are you giving up for lent questions. I strongly support everyone who participates as long as it is in connection with the spirit and reason of Lent but at some point it became like Lent is this costume party and everyone asking others what are you giving up makes it sound like what are you dressing up as to the party? The 40 days is supposed to be a personal, spiritual moment between you and your God and as such what you choose to sacrifice during that spiritual journey should be between you two. As always, I am probably overthinking it.

Well, that's all I got. The weather is supposed to go from 30 degrees to mid 60's this weekend. This is how people get sick but I intend to take advantage. My friend got this amazing pastries in Atlanta and I am on the hunt to find them in my hood, so might take the train into the city and go scout Chinatown (don't judge me). Have a great weekend and stay blessed!!






Comments

Swanboy said…
Ope oh! Randoms.

I don't agree with your guy friend. Some guys just want variety. Sometimes it's not that deep
Anonymous said…
I also think that this brand of christianity whereby people think they are so favoured than others that nothing bad can happen to them. Who is more favoured than Jesus Christ himself yet what happened to him? It is stated in the bible that christians will face persecution or hardships because of their faith so this I am too favoured to encounter difficulties is false doctrine. And so is this interpretation that if you sow a seed by donating a large amount of money, money you cannot afford to give, God will multiply your blessings. It is just a ploy for the pastors to cream the amount of money they can get so that they can buy or maintain their private jets and live the flashy lifestyle so that their members can also look forward to obtaining that kind of lifestyle by the money they give even with their credit cards. This is also false doctrine.
Original Mgbeke said…
Staying long at a company is rare these days but I actually admire people who can stay put. My coworker always says she knows she's not going anywhere and will grow within the company.

Re, Beyonce's OB GYN, I know right!

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms