Friday Randoms

Hello Howdy folks. Hope you all had a good week, for those that observe, happy lenten season. You guys, winter might never end. I am really beginning to think this is a possibility. We woke up on monday to ice, sleet and snow. Granted it melted and its not as much as our northern brethren are getting but it was so cold. At some point, the weather said 18degrees feels like -8. March 20 is supposed to be the official first day of spring, make we dey observe. How about dem Oscars? I really enjoyed this year's telecast even if the winners were pretty much locked this year. I am glad they got rid of the cut of speech music. We had a lot of heartfelt and good speeches - standouts being Lupita's, Matthew McConaughey's and the Lopezes (best song for Frozen). It was just nice in general seeing the winners when they won, the cheers and hugs from their peers. Steve McQueen's happiness when 12 Years won best picture was too cute, just makes me smile. Recognition is good, no matter what they say. Ok let's random

There's a lot of yummy mummies floating around o. Seems everyone is now very conscious when pregnant and almost always bounce back to pre pregnancy body fast. The stomach seems to usually be the problem area. I still can't get used to the damage pregnancy does to bellies.

On Braxton Family Values, Tamar was doing an interview and she was asked to use one word to describe herself and she said "worthy". I can't tell you how much I loved this answer, it just encapsulates so much in one word. She was like I deserve the good things happening to me. I deserve my child, my accolades, my husband. Often times, we think we don't deserve certain things and why not?


"There are many men who don't like women, and they don't even know it. In their minds, it's "I love women doe". Nah, you like banging them" I saw this tweet and it's a thought I have had for a while. You hear some men speak and you're just like "do you even like women?" If you watch LAHHNY, you would have seen how Saigon always acted or if you watch Couples Therapy how Ghostface acted. A lot of men seem to have a severe distrust for women and if not for their need to have sex, probably won't even deal with them at all.

My friend had a status saying he judges women who post pics of what they receive for Valentine's day. I laughed but I guess its true, what really is the purpose of posting what you got for Vals besides to brag?

So Lent is here and I usually get a bit annoyed because it has become some fad and everyone asking "What are you giving up for Lent" and people announcing what they are giving up. I think of our relationships with God as personal so when people start announcing what they are giving up and make it seem thats it for Lent is giving up something its a bit annoying. 

For couples that keep breaking up and getting back together, how do you celebrate your anniversary and how many years you've been together?

Must suck to be allergic to latex

The good thing about having good sex is that you are having good sex, the bad thing is if you have the good sex with someone you don't end up with. I know I have randomed before about it and speaking to my married friends they say your spouse may not be your best sex but the other qualities make up for it. I say it again because it really is a huge fear of mine (refer back to my last post). Tonight on Grey's, Hunt broke up with someone that is everything he ever wanted because of that "thing" that he shared with Christina. She doesn't have everything he is looking for but he can't deny their chemistry and ended up cheating on his gf.

Speaking of, was watching something where the guy said he was anti labels because labels make everything serious. He was very happy with the girl he has been talking to (for 2 years) but he feels if he puts labels then it becomes serious and leads to marriage and he is totally not ready for that. I laughed because someone has told me those exact words before. So basically, some men run away from you because even though they are happy, that leads to marriage which they arent ready for - even though you aren't pressuring them to marry you. Got it.

I've noticed there's now a slew of *insert word that starts with F* Fridays now. Well I am one of them, please check out my Fan Friday page on www.taynement.com and let me know if you'd like to contribute

Have a lovely weekend guys. Be safe and stay blessed!




Comments

neuyogi said…
The song spoke to me...many times I just want to scream "i am only human". Loved your randoms too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms