Friday Randoms

Hi guys. Happy friday. As I type this, I am so tired. Work is kicking my ass and I am so burnt out. But much needed vacation starts tomorrow and it couldn't have come at a better time. We had a snow storm few days ago and it's quite cold here. Guys, what is going on in our country o?What kind of wickedness giving to people? How can these people expect to make heaven? On the other side, North Korea is ready to show us pepper. Okay o. Keep on rocking, 45. Keep on rocking. Anyways, let's random.

You get married. Your partner dies. You find out he/she has been cheating on you. How do you even mourn? Who do you direct your anger to?

Was talking about this with a friend and he asked if I had a friend in this situation who didn't know their partner was cheating and I knew, would I tell my friend? I had to think about that for a second but I don't think I will because at this stage, what is the point? It just seems cruel. How about you, would you tell?

My brother is younger than me and has not been married up to a year but I gotta tell you that I admire his marriage.

Man. Being a human being is so hard. Sometimes I wish I was more carefree and not so by the book or so aware. Life would probably be much simpler and I'd enjoy it more.

Last year, Shonda Rhimes "Year of Yes" was the best book I read. She mentioned something called Blue Sky Syndrome. Where she implied that human beings are more in love with the idea of making goals and existing and getting comfortable in the idea of having goals than actually achieving those goals. I think she speaks some truth.

I read this on someone's blog. To paraphrase "When things usually come easy for you, it's easier to give up on things quickly when things get rough" agree or disagree?


I have been binge watching Golden Girls on Hulu. The show has held up really well. Also, the shade on that show is on one hunned. Anyways, it led me to a google worm hole where I learned 3 of the 4 costars died in succession in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Betty White is the last living star and I wonder how she feels. How aware is she of her mortality? Heck. How does it feel when you are really old and know that inevitably, death is around the corner.

Speaking of death. It's such a pretty scary and traumatic thing. It's such a cruel thing that is part of the life cycle and I am not sure how we are supposed to keep on living and functioning as normal.

What does it mean when a person moves on so fast? Does it mean they never cared or they genuinely just moved on that fast?

Someone recently asked me what I have learned from self help books about happiness and I said: It's easier to be happy when things are going your way. Probably sounds like an obnoxious answer but it's true. They seem to have some reference point of a breakthrough that made them want to be happy. The closest book I have read was Rick Warren's wife's book but it came before her son committed suicide. I would love to hear her take on finding happiness after such a devastating loss. I think that would resonate more with me.

Being a parent seems like hard work

I am always surprised at certain things people don't know. I just haven't figured out yet if I am the exception or the anomaly

I am rewatching Mad Men from beginning. If you'd like to watch along with me, I am blogging each episode at http://rewatchingmadmen.blogspot.com/

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!





Comments

Berry Dakara said…
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD MEN!!! Not enough time for me to watch again :( Now if you said Felicity, I'd quit my job and watch in a stretch marathon!

Based on experience, I wouldn't tell if I found out a friend's spouse was cheating. That makes me feel sad.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump and co... it's God that will deal with all of them.

Oh and I bought Year of Yes last year, and still haven't cracked it open.

Berry Dakara Blog
Chiz said…
I need to buy that book sounds good. Ur bro is doing great I'm proud - I'd tell her to be mad as she needs to be even though he's dead and then forgive. I've never watched mad men ��

U made my birthday morning with this ��

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms