Friday Randoms

You guys, we are about to enter the last month of Q1 2019. I don't think there is any point keeping time anymore since it has decided to do its own thing and just fly by. This winter needs to come and be going. I am tired of being cold and wearing coats. There's supposed to be snow in my neck of the woods tomorrow.

Life has been good so far this year and I am really thankful to God. I know I should be embracing and enjoying it but being the person I am, I am in a heightened state of anxiety waiting for the "balancing" of things going okay at the moment. Sigh. I don't have much to random but I figured it was better for me to blog my little randoms than go ghost another week.

So let's random, shall we?

I hate conflict. I come off as a straight shooter but somewhere along the line, I learned about myself  that as much as I like straight forwardness, I find that I will let a lot of things slide to keep the peace and I know how that sounds but it sounds worse than it sounds. I think more things that can be overlooked. Serious things I won't let slide.

I don't know if being too forgiving goes hand in hand with hating conflict.

I think part of being a friend involves being inconvenienced. Not to your detriment, but it's not only when it's convenient for a person that a person gets to be a friend. But then, everyone defines friendship differently.

For someone who sleeps alone in a bed, it never occurs to me that I can sleep in the middle. I just always pick a side and stick to it.

I saw this on twitter: "Can we stop pretending like diets in 2019 are any different than old diets just because they have been repackaged for health? Keto is Atkins, WW Freestyle is still Weight Watchers, Intermittent Fasting is just skipping meals and Low carb is the new low fat and they all still don’t work"

It made me laugh but I think there is truth. All of the above have worked for so many people but on the flip many of us become slaves to food and sometimes see it as the enemy. Skipping from one diet to the other and just becoming consumed by it. It's hard not to get swept into the pursuit of skinny. The one thing I stopped doing is saving clothes for when I lose weight. It doesn't happen and if it does, na to just buy new clothes.

I saw another tweet where someone cracked a joke about a coworker who kept coming back for more snacks and saying "I really shouldn't". And it's true some people be carrying their diet on their head like a cross, biko eat or don't eat but spare us the theatrics. Especially when it puts a damper in a group setting.

But you know, as much as I think these things are private matters, I have to remember everyone thinks differently because I also find it weird when people post work out pics. I made a comment on that once and someone told me that it's done for accountability. Still don't get it but I am working on trying to accept other people's way of thinking.

I finally cut the cord and using Youtube TV and I am surprised at the number of people who have never heard if it.

Every time I hear much older people talking about their mom or grandparents, I feel this pang. Like how come they get to keep their parents longer? :(

Well that's all I have for you guys. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Remain blessed and stay safe!




Comments

AJ said…
This year, I've been telling myself I need to let things slide less often particularly at work.... Plenty of time left in the year to see if it comes back to bite me or not!
mizchif said…
Queen of taking workout pictures.
I don't think it's about accountability for me.
I take/post pictures of almost everything else and working out is a big part of my life, so why not.

Also i think diets can create a negative relationship with food. I've never subscribed to any of them. That being said, i recently started Intermittent Fasting, but as usual i'm not really trying to lose weight, but i need to control my food intake.

Not big on confrontation myself but i don't know how to pretend either so if i have an issue that isn't resolved, chances are there's no moving forward.
neuyogi said…
- agree with Mizchif’s view re workout pics
- I hate the term diet and all it implies although I am sure I have used it and prefer lifestyle changes or maybe that’s another “ new packaging” term except I look at diets as temporary to get a goal but then that goal might never be achieved and then what
- yep I just made 2 goodwill bags for clothes in my smaller size rather than thinking/waiting to shrink. If I need to will buy items for me now. But altogether I want a minimalistic or capsule wardrobe
- hate conflict and confrontation to the point that there is now a negative impact

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Random Thursday