Tightrope

February is here. Just like that 2019 is flying by like its predecessor. I had a great January. To the point where I am wondering if I should be scared but I am also learning to live in the moment. My post today are lyrics from a song.

Should be well known by now how obsessed I am with The Greatest Showman soundtrack (the movie is available on HBO on demand). It's been over a year and I am still not sick of it. I love every single song on it, some more than others. I didn't like this particular song and while it is a pseudo love song, I like the message it comes with and is in line with the life I want to live.

I want to live a life that is bold and not a scared one. If you live long enough you know that life comes with a lot of downfalls. It's almost inevitable. But that shouldn't be what fuels our decisions. Any decision based on fear, almost always doesn't lead to anything good. I always add the caveat that making a bold decision, doesn't automatically lead to success. The decision comes with a chance you could crash BUT also that you could be greater than where you currently are but you have to take that chance on yourself.

I remember talking to a friend about jobs in the context of starting or taking a new job where you have little to no experience. He has this theory that we all learn on the job and he doesn't understand why people are scared of being fired in that scenario. That most people see it as a worst case scenario and it fuels their fear but for him it's just a learning opportunity. That was a pov I had never considered.

Anyways, here's to a life of bold living and having great expectations for ourselves. Have a lovely week.

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written
But I'd follow you to the great unknown
Off to a world we call our own

Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
We're walking the tightrope
Never sure, never know how far we could fall
But it's all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
Walking the tightrope

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
With you

Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between
Desert and ocean
You pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream
Always in motion
So I risk it all just to be with you
And I…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Random Thursday