Friday Randoms +1

I wrote this a while back and just realized I never hit enter. I just saw it in my draft. oops. Well here's stale randoms.


The weather is changing. This makes Taynement sad. I hate the cold. A lot. I get cold really easily and I feel so uncomfortable when I am cold. I hate the layering and the many clothes required and the burden of a coat. Sigh.

The turn of the season means I recently had a birthday. The birthday was last week and it was a nice, quiet one. I had attended a wedding in Miami and kinda turned it to a birthday weekend trip. It was nice being at my happy place aka the beach and just chilling in the water and laying in the sun listening to music and reading pretending my problems and real life don't exist. I took the actual day off and spent it with one of my favorite people. The one thing about getting older is how you get less gifts and I love gifts :(. The work peoples were nice and decorated my desk and left treats. That being said, I am grateful to be able to spend another year and what a year it's been. A lot can happen in a year.

I don't have much random thoughts because when they hit, I am not able to write them down and I forget. But let's random with the few, eh?

A friend of mine believes that at some point in life, everyone goes through a time of trial/hardship. Basically, it's not a if but when situation. I think about that sometimes and wonder if that's true or if it's like Karma (which I don't think exists) where it's merely a luck of the draw and some escape it. What do you think?

It's a funny thing (not haha funny) when people say "I can't even imagine losing my mom/dad" because it is inevitable and in the natural order of life, you will lose them. But the thing is you will survive. You will be surprised, but you will. The hole never heals and you will never be whole again, but you will.

I saw a thing this week. The fragility of life. Isn't it crazy that it takes one life changing event in our lives to change who we are. You can never be the same person after a huge event alters your life.

Every time I see Tracee Ellis Ross and Sanaa Lathan. I secretly wish they had met their life partner and had a family, only because I know it is something they have mentioned as a desire before but then I sit and wonder if I am setting the female movement back by thinking that because for all I know, they could be hella happy as they are.

Is there an age limit to being boy crazy?

Emotional intelligence is such an important thing to have in a partner. Too bad its so rare. The worst is those that think they have it and absolutely don't.

Every time I see people say marriage will be extinct in a few years, I chime in to say I disagree. I don't think so. Human beings are wired for companionship and almost always comes in tandem with the desire for marriage. There is a reason people marry multiple times. You would think they would avoid it. It's one of the reasons people stay in expired marriages. It's an innate human desire to belong to someone publicly, so to speak, in that legal way. It ain't going nowhere.

How do you drink your coffee? I drink my coffee with one or the other. One or the other being cream or sugar. If it has cream, no sugar and vice versa.

I had a conversation with a friend and it felt stilted and it made me sad. I remember when our convos were free flowing and open. But I think she has new set of friends and life now. Sometimes, recognizing the end of an era is a life lesson and you have to make your peace with it.

Kevin Spacey's accuser just "miraculously" dies? Ok Jan.

That's all I got guys. Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Make sure you get some rest or some groove, whichever suits your fancy and stay blessed. Remember to always stay prayered up because the devil never stops resting and is always on the prowl. For anyone with a heavy heart or a lot on their mind, please receive virtual hug and know that seasons come and go and things get better!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I don’t think there’s an age limit to being boy crazy as my coworker is in her 40s and hella boy crazy. It’s actually quite sickening to watch.

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Random Thursday