+1

Yes, guys. We've been through so many +1's together, which just reminds me how long I have had this blog. A reader actually reminded me that I had to put up a +1 post ASAP.

But yea, another year another birthday for me and in spite of COVID and its other agents, it truly was a great birthday. I felt the love from everyone and I truly appreciated being able to have the love. My love isn't the biggest birthday person and I am. He's learned really quickly and also learning my love languages and he really came through for me for my birthday. It's ironic that I ended up with a photographer (seeing as I don't like taking pics) but he took some great photos of me some time ago and made them nice for my birthday. He truly is my favorite gift.

It was non stop call galore from friends and family and I had to just fling my phone aside just to even take a shower. We had reservations to have lunch outside with a waterfront view but the weather was awful. It stormed so bad that we got a flash flood warning but it didn't damper anything, we just had to eat indoors. It was my first time eating out since January but my anxiety wasn't heightened since we were the only ones in the restaurant and everyone had their masks on (we could see the kitchen). The night ended with loved ones and it was great.

I thought of my mom but I'd be lying if I didn't say the love from the day wasn't more than the twinge. If you think that I am saying this love thing a lot, it's intentional. I say it all the time that I do not take for granted the love I receive from them because I may see it as normal but it doesn't mean that is the same for everyone. My people always go all out for me. They don't have to. But they do. And I appreciate.

Anyways, I am one year older. At a stage in my life where things aren't all aligned as I would like them to but if there is one thing COVID has reinforced is that life is short. Do what you want to do. I'd always been so scared of starting a podcast and here I am, in the midst of all this, I started not one but two (sidebar: Check them out. If you watch Married At First Sight - Altar Call: A MAFS Podcast and rewatching Sex and the City - Sex and The City: The Rewatch. Everywhere you listen to podcasts)

There was a time in my life I thought God didn't hear me. I used to say that my prayers went to voicemail. In the last year, I have learned that God got me. I don't know how I made it through certain things, but I did and it is not by my strength.  All Him. Just when I think there is no solution, I am reminded my way isn't his way so I guess you can say my faith got a face lift.

Time can be just a construct but as I get older, I hope to continue to grow. I hope to continue to be happy. To continue to have my mom's memory in my heart. Good health.

Okay this is reading like a new year resolution so I need to add that as I get older, I need to be wiser and go back to giving consistent Friday Randoms! I am working on that!.

Happy Birthday to me! Wishing myself many more healthy years ahead!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Random Thursday