1. A world without laughter or music? This is so super hard but I'd have to say a world without laughter.
2. What did you never taste, assumed you won't like but eventually did? Apple sauce
3. If you won $20,000 tonight what would you do with it? pay of some debt, save and splurge
4. Who/What made you start blogging? I thought I would be the next Diablo Cody. If you don't know the name, she is the writer of Juno. She used to be a stripper and write a blog. She got discovered, wrote a book and a screenplay, won an oscar and eventually got handpicked by Steven Spielberg to write United States of Tara. I adored her for the longest time till she became a mommy and kinda chilled. I didn't want to write a screenplay but I thought I'd get discovered by someone at Entertainment Weekly and get offered a job there to write about all the pop culture junk cluttered in my brain. 5yrs later I am still here doing sporadic friday randoms. Go figure.
5. What's the first mobile phone you had? Some cute blue motorola flip phone.
6.What's your idea of the perfect date? One that's easy. Easy being, even if we don't have that romantic connection it's not awkward. good flow, good convo and a good time.
7. What's the craziest thing you've done this year? I can't think of anything but there has to be something. I do crazy things all the time unless old age is catching up? I still have time sha.
8. What 2 quotes word of wisdom have made the greatest impact in your life? "Practice makes perfect, so be careful what you practice" I read this somewhere a long time ago. The second is quite recent so I won't say it has been an impact yet but I am a worrier and I am currently on a quest to just breathe and take things as they come so this struck me when 50Cents said this in his Oprah interview "You can either pray or worry. Don't do both".
9. Fame or Fortune? ie broke celeb or rich and you are? I don't quite get the question but I'll say Fortune
10. What's your love language? So I had to go look this up because I didn't know what they were. Reading through the summary I decided it was "Receiving Gifts". I decided to go ahead and take the assessment anyways and whaddya know it was "Receiving Gifts". Anyone who knows me can testify that I am not materialistic, so it isn't about that. I think I place so much emphasis on gifts mainly because to me it's the thought especially when it's unexpected and no special occasion. For someone to go out their way, know what you would like and think of you is pretty nice. I wasn't "given" stuff a lot growing up, most of what I had I got myself so I'm usually still surprised when people go out their way to get me gifts. In the same vein, I LOVE giving gifts and I give the best gifts if I may say so myself.
11. If fruits described us what would you be? I'd be an orange because you never know what you would get. I could be sweet or I could be sour :)
1. Do you love yourself inside out, outside in? Heh. Work in progress. Momma just gave me yet another talk the other day to stop being so hard on myself and give myself some credit. I get this speech from a number of friends. One day.
2. What things do you do for yourself that enriches and nourishes your being? Work out, reading my devotional (especially if it's Word among us), listening, searching and finding music.
3. How do you hold yourself accountable for your poor decisions? Beat myself up to death about it
4. Are you able to forgive yourself the humanness and move forward without beating yourself up and getting stuck in the what should have been, if only I had? see above. I eventually get over it.
5. How do you celebrate you, your uniqueness and authenticity? By embracing it
6. How do you stay motivated, hopeful and faithful to you, your thoughts beliefs and ideals? That's truly tough to answer. Not to be a downer or nothing but life(in general) is not easy to navigate. I've been knocked down way too many times in life that sometimes it feels like a movie/surreal. My friends are really great and help in keeping motivated. Their hope and belief in me even though I snort at them actually helps. My mom is a huge factor too.
7. If you were your own parent what would be the one thing you would teach yourself? Never stop learning. You don't know everything. You think you know but you have no idea. Open your mind to learning. Also, always take time to self reflect. You can always be a better person.
8. If you are doing what you wished you learned earlier, how do you plan to pass the lessons on to another person who may be stuck where you were? Besides telling them? I think with time you learn from your experiences.
9. Are you being true to your inner self or are you busy pleasing everyone else? Being true
10. Are you happy? In the general sense, no. On the surface, yea tomorrow is a holiday and no work.
11. How do you define happiness? Happiness is being content with what you have.
Well that's all folks! How'd I do? I wasn't coded this time, right? hehe. Well, if you have any other questions you'd like me to answer feel free to email or mention in the comment box and I will answer to the best of my ability.
Have a wonderful 4th of July and as always Be Safe!!!!
How wonderful is the concept to this video (groupie bias aside?)