Friday Randoms

Happy Friday guys. Take a moment and thank God for letting you see another morning, another day and another week. It's Friday, yay! I can't remember the last time I have been in a bad mood on a friday. Guys, I truly believe the world is going, rather is mad. There's so much strange news everywhere, it's just quite bizarre. Anyone catch the debate yesterday? I was quite surprised at my level of irritation by it, it was truly so meh. Looks like RiRi got her man back. Goodluck to them. I sit and await the eruption. I am prolly late but if you are like me and haven't seen it, here's a video of Karrueche making fun of Rihanna a while ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_fQSwL8kEo.  Too poor. Speaking of poor, this whole Nicki/Mariah thing on American Idol better be staged because it's terrible. Granted, I am not a fan of Mariah but this is a woman and mother in her 40's, please behave. Their tweets to each other are quite frankly ridiculous. Nonsense. Okay, let's random.


I learned something about myself 2 weeks ago. I should be ashamed.

Sometimes, you think to yourself that you shouldn't expect much because you may be disappointed or you don't want to be a burden or whatever else reason. The flip side of that is if you don't expect much then of course much won't be given to you. Raise the bar a little.

Not to be repetitive, but it is quite important to be yourself. A friend of mine, who I think has some ridiculously over high standards met a girl recently that he is giddy about. When he mentioned that she couldn't cook, I nearly fell out my chair. I am like and that's okay with you? And he's like it's not a biggie. Just do you and someone will like you for you...hopefully.

So how many of y'all will date a guy that tells you that he has been in love with a man before a la Frank Ocean style? If yes, would it make a difference if they slept together or not?

I really hope the economy gets better. It's a bit scary the number of people I know who are looking for work.

I am watching RHONY, some lady is organizing a charity runway show. She is trying to pep up someone going on the runway and she says "There's a black woman inside of you, I wanna see her". I paused and scratched my head, Wtf does that mean? The lady she told was like "White women can be strong too". Just all around awkward.

Ok guys, I know I am not a fan of fantasy movies/tv shows eg LOTR but I saw a preview of The Hobbit once and I swear I don't remember what I saw but what I took away from it and is in my head is that there are a bunch of gay, dwarf men roaming the earth looking for a cock ring -_-

Talking to a friend of mine (who is married) and she said marriage is like a cult where they promise you riches and it is not till you get in that they tell you that you have to sacrifice your mom and first son and you can't leave. Before anyone gets up in arms, it was just her humorous way of saying that you never really know what you signed up for till you are in it.

So I watched an episode of the Honey Boo Boo show to see what all the uproar was about and maybe because I saw one episode, I didn't get it but I didn't see anything wrong with it. I won't be watching cuz it is not my thing but what I took from it was this girl is a happy 7 year old who is happy and loved by her family. Yes they are redneck and eat unhealthy and do strange activities but it's what they know. It's how they grew up. Are we penalizing them because they aren't "enlightened" or "exposed" as we are? Americans no get wahala.

Which brought me to my thought earlier in the week that a lot of people in our generation think that they are open minded but we really aren't. We tend to not take kindly or be dismissive of people who think or are different from them.

If you are dating a married man, do you still earn the right to call him your boyfriend?

Myne, thank you for sharing your story with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and I am sending nothing but positive vibes your way.

Sabira what is your blog url o!

I leave you with a few quotes:

"All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water and that's the tragedy of living" - Iain Thomas.

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

"It took me twenty something years to love myself. I do not have that kinda time to convince someone else" - Daniel Franzese (this made me laugh)

You guys have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe!



Comments

Nutty J. said…
Nope... I can't date a dude who has loved another dude before regardless of if they had sex or not
LadyNgo said…
Well i have a major MAJOR majorly epic love jones for Frank Ocean so i guess thats a yes to men with questionable sexual preferences. But only Frank though...and i can admit that i'd probably not be able to get over it if he actually slept with the dude. I planned on blogging about this but i'll just say we don't fall in love with genitalia so i can't fault someone for seeing what they like in a person just because that person's sex/gender doesn't match up with what society/the bible says is right.

Never seen Honey Boo Boo or her crazy kinfolk

If my ex got married, that doesn't change the fact that he's my ex.

You have a great weekend as well!
Unknown said…
I saw RHONY of too and I was like Wait, what?!!

"Just do you and someone will like you for you...hopefully."
LOL, sometimes but not always.

If a man has been in love with a man before I think it would always cross my mind that he might stray with another man or woman. I mean he has twice the options so the probability of straying is increased! Lol

Frank Ocean is meh. I'm glad so many people enjoy his music, truly, BUT I don't think he is that serious. I actually didn't know who he was until people started flipping out over the latest album.
neuyogi said…
I loved the quotes at the end!

I can't date a guy who has been in love with another man...and it is even worse if they never slept together because that will be an experiment waiting to happen given the right opportunity. I feel like I am the only nucca who did not watch the debate. The honeybooboo thing is weird jo, I also got curious and so you tubed her and saw a clip of her mom feeding her gogo juice aka red bull and mountain dew. High doses of caffeine is not good for anyone how much more a child. Childhood obesity is a form of child abuse, because a parent controls a child's diet...so again the unhealthy eating thingy makes me cringe. Oya oh text me what you should be ashamed of but arent. oh em gee ..that statement from RHONY is plain outrageous and awkward lol. Have a great weekend Tayney.
Sabirah said…
Bwahahahahhaa I just burst out laughing when I saw my name!! I was just busy enjoying the randoms!
It's www.labellaimperfezione.com :D

Eh hen onto the randoms.

On the importance of being yourself I'm seriously just learning to be comfortable with me and it's just soo ahhhh I dunno... feels great

At the Marriage comment *shudder* me I'm afraid oh :s LOL

On open minded-ness you are soooo right, I have to caustion myself when I feel "pity" for someone elses lifestyle... just because I think I'm "exposed" doesn't make me any better nor even happier than the other a lot of people need to learn this.

I always love your randoms! hope your weekend was awesome!
Ada said…
ahh but let us not forget rihanna started it. when she had the song talking about the "rice cakes"
Ada said…
ahh but let us not forget rihanna started it. when she had the song talking about the "rice cakes"
Original Mgbeke said…
I saw that Karrueche video and was quite annoyed. Tchiewwww. Foolish girl.

Aniwoos, to the frank ocean related Q = hellz to the no.

Love that humorous take on marriage.

LMAO @ your Hobbit synoposis. loooool

Ive never watched Honey Booboo. I'm just like wtf is a Honey booboo?

Love those quotes at the end.

Myne said…
My jaw literally dropped when I saw my name lol... thanks dear.

The hobbits takeaway is hilarious. What blasphemy! Lol...

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms