Friday Randoms

Howdy guys. You don't know how glad I am that it is Friday. I had a long week this week and last. Just hectic and I am looking forward to being home this weekend and not seeing an airport for a long long while. I haven't had a headache in a while and I have a raging headache right now, I probably need to go to sleep. Well, hope you guys had a good week, we thank God for giving us the gift of life. Not much happened this week news wise save for the brouhaha over the royal baby being born and Anthony Weiner getting caught again. So, I might as well begin randoming.

Tamera Mowry-Housley recently revealed that she lost her virginity to her now husband at age 29 and it seemed some people found that odd or strange or whatever. I've never understood why people get so concerned about other people's sex decisions. She chose to wait and it worked for her and her husband and they are happy. The belief that you must be boring or can't be a freak (as was mentioned on her talk show) is just like huh? And just because everyone is sexing doesn't mean there aren't people choosing to wait.

The death of Corey Monteith is still a bit shocking. I look at his interviews, pictures and he just seemed so okay. Goes to show, you never know what anyone is going through. I even went back to watch the pilot of Glee. It had me feeling for Lea Michelle and wondering how it must feel to lose a boyfriend. I mean when you lose a husband, it's recognized and it is official but with a boyfriend it's just..I don't know sha..just wondered.

I also wonder if people can poop and eat at the same time.

I have come to learn that a lot of men think that women are illogical. Isn't that statement enough to assume that most men think they are superior to women? or is it apples to oranges?

Last weekend, someone told me that I did not look like an igbo girl because igbo girls usually have a lot going on. I said how? He said that they usually have loads of makeup on their face. I didn't think of it as some sort of compliment at all but I have to admit that yes I am aware it is a stereotype and my first reaction was to agree with him.

Is it weird for a married person to want to travel alone? or rather is it shady? I would assume that being married, every now and then someone would want time alone just to be alone. is that bad?

Its been said that don't share what you don't want others to know and once you tell one person you bear the risk of others knowing. It is still kinda weird when you find out someone breaks your confidence.

Is twats a curse word? I said that earlier this week and my friend said that I cursed. I never considered it a curse word.

Hopefully I can phrase this right, but a turn off for me is when men are so overly ambitious. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being ambitious but when they are so consumed by it and it is all about the money and making lots of it, while the emotional/family part suffers. There has to be a balance.

Can I just say that I have the most ridiculous dreams? sheesh

I kinda snapped at my friend this week. I am just over everyone and their desire to find a man. I mean I get it. We are of age, everyone's getting married and all, but life still continues. This all consuming frenzy that's sweeping over our age mates is a bit scary. Like, let's all just breathe and relax and let life happen...at least I think.

Radio this morning was bashing Huma Abedin for sticking by Anthony Weiner for a second time and calling her weak. I don't get. She made a choice to stay. It is not for everyone but maybe its because it's a 3year marriage and she has a 1yr old baby, maybe she is a devout muslim and divorce is not an option, . It could be for many reasons but I just think it is unfair to assume the one default that she is weak.

"We're not friends, we're not enemies. We're strangers with some memories"

"I can tell you've never been in love cuz you still run from it. People that have felt love run toward it, no matter the cost"

That's all I got for you guys today. Don't forget to check out taynement.com. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and stay blessed!!


Comments

Berry Dakara said…
I read about Tamera too and thought it was admirable. I also saw a slideshow of others that waited - The boy from Jonas Brothers, Jessica Simpson before she married Nick Lachey, even VS model Adriana Lima!

I think married people should get alone time too.

People need to leave Huma Abeidin alone. It's her choice if she wants to stay in her marriage. She's actually making the tougher decision, because she's successful on her own already.

http://berrydakara.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
I'm all for getting some alone time, especially when you're in a relationship, but I'm not on board with that whole traveling alone. Even when single, it's just weird to me. Married, I could see how it would seem a bit shady.

I've come to accept the fact that if I tell someone something even after saying don't tell anyone, I shouldn't be surprised if I hear it somewhere else. Kinda sad. I have a friend that I love dearly but he has severe diarrhea of the mouth. I'm not sure why I keep telling him stuff in confidence knowing that he is probably texting someone that info as I'm talking.

That's a turnoff for me too.

Some people are going into serious depression because they haven't found a man/woman and aren't married. *rolling my eyes*
Ada said…
"I kinda snapped at my friend this week. I am just over everyone and their desire to find a man. I mean I get it. We are of age, everyone's getting married and all, but life still continues. This all consuming frenzy that's sweeping over our age mates is a bit scary. Like, let's all just breathe and relax and let life happen...at least I think."


Preach!
mizchif said…
Just a tip, i think you should try the blog format where you can still scroll up to see the post on the same page while commenting cuz some of us need to be reminded what we want to comment about.

I recently heard of someone i know, married dude going on vacay by himself to the Bahamas and first thing i thought was "does his wife not have a passport?" Me i no go gree sha.

I was re watching Season 3 of Glee yesterday, it's still hard to believe Finn is gone.

I admire people who hold out on sex till marriage or old age, i wish i could be like them, but i never even considered it. I'm bad i know.

"We're not friends, we're not enemies. We're strangers with some memories" Interesting quote.

I can see how easy it is to be consumed by this desire to find a man, i even avoid fb these days cuz it's all weddings and baby showers and kids birthday parties.
But the fact is not everyone is ever going to get married, the numbers don't even agree, so i think it's better to keep living your life and if it's going to happen, it will.

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms