Music Thots from the Road

I couldnt think of anything today..so i copied a note i had written a while back..

Driving down miles and miles, down I-45, I had to listen to a whole bunch of music trying to stay awake and of course listening to some music brought some thots to my head-“Best of You” by the Foo Fighters has to be one of the best rock songs ever made, has me all fired up almost as much as the few seconds of the drum intro to Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, except for Best of You this fired up feeling lasts through the whole song…You have to give props to Dave Grohl, who has gone from Drummer in Nirvana to Frontman in Foo Fighters and back to drumming again for Queens of Stone Age.Hey even the great Prince recognizes this song is great, why else would he cover it in his Super Bowl Half Time performance :)

-Something about Gwen Stefani rubs me off the wrong way, I liked her in No Doubt and I thot she was the coolest white chic. Then she went solo and I don’t know what happened. I used to think that it was because I couldn’t get over the fact that she was this woman in her 30’s prancing and shrieking around like a teenager (B-A-N-A-N-A-S..Uuugh!) but that can’t be the reason becos I actually like Fergie, who pretty much is the same way..Oh well Fergie does Gwen Stefani better than Gwen Stefani herself.

-Timbaland is the man!…Let’s forget the fact that I am currently in love with JT’s cd, Omarion’s “Icebox”, Nelly F’s “Say it right” and his own single “Give it up”..Aaliyah’s “we need a resolution” came up in my playlist and I was reminded how genius this man is, that was/is a good song….Curses to the Grammy members for not nominating Timbaland for producer of the year..GRRR!!-Speaking of Timbaland, are Nelly F and JT his new Ginuwine and Aaliyah?..Whatever happened to him and Missy?

-The Fray is a really good band; no matter how many times I hear their songs I am not tired of it. They are underrated, but it should be kept that way. If they become all overexposed, they will lose a certain “thing” about their music..Neyo on the hand should be over exposed, there should be banners on every roof top reading how talented that young man is…sigh if only he were cuter…-NickelBack is a great band, regardless of the naysayers out there; noone else out there has Chad Kroeger’s unique voice. I have had the opportunity to see them live (Thanks, Noi!) and they sound like the cd (very rare)..They sure do have a lot of singles on the radio sha….as a friend of mine once said they just might be the most radio friendly band today.

-If I never hear “Irreplaceable” again. I’ll die happy, I mean even the Mix station in Houston was playing it and they usually don’t even play R and B songs!…Sheesh!

-BBMak was a “boyband” that should not have been classified as a boy band, they had great songs, my favorite being “Ghost of You and Me”..I especially like the lyrics to the chorus:I didn't mean to fall in love with youAnd baby there's a name for what you put me throughIt isn't love it's robberyI'm sleeping with the ghost of you and meTeeHee!..Can you tell that I am not hard to please when it comes to music?:)

- Where the hell are Maroon 5?

since then Maroon 5 released an awesome album and Irreplaceable is still being played :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Human

Learn about me - 100 truths

Friday Randoms